Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles Online NFL Betting Picks
The year’s online NFL betting action inches nearer every day and the Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles is one matchup everyone should be looking forward to. The Redskins are coming off a lackluster season and are hopeful they can get things back on track this season. The Eagles on the other hand, managed to sneak into the postseason last year but are confident they can make a stronger case this season. So what kind of turnout can players learning how to bet on sports expect out of this Week 1 matchup?
Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles – Sunday, September 8th
|When:||1:00 pm ET|
|Where:||Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Stream:||Fox Sports Go, NFL Game Pass|
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) July 21, 2019
The Redskins turned in a 7-9 record last season to finish 3rd in the NFC East. Naturally, Washington failed to qualify for postseason play. All in all this marked the 3rd straight season that Washington failed to make the playoff cut. Considering they had gone and picked up Alex Smith during the offseason, it’s safe to say that Washington was pretty disappointed in with how things turned out last year. Nevertheless, this team still has plenty of talent to be a threat in the NFC East next season. The division is far from easy but Washington can get an early start in the race by picking up a Week 1 win over their NFC East rivals.
Players to Watch: Alex Smith (2,180 passing yards, 10 TD, 5 INT), Adrian Peterson (1,042 rushing yards, 7 TD, 2 F), and Jordan Reed (558 receiving yards, 2 TD, 54 REC).
The Eagles flew to a 9-7 record last season that saw them finish 2nd in the NFC East. Although they won the league the previous season, Philly failed to come out as strong. One of the biggest reasons they stuttered was due to the fact that they had to start the season with Nick Foles. Although Foles had been brilliant for them in the lead up and in the Super Bowl itself, he wasn’t the force Philly needed behind center. Once Wentz made his way back into the starting lineup, the Eagles would go on to bolster their postseason standing.
Players to Watch: Carson Wentz (3,074 passing yards, 21 TD, 7 INT), Josh Adams (511 rushing yards, 3 TD, 1 F), and Zach Ertz (1,163 receiving yards, 8 TD, 116 REC).
Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles Betting Numbers
- 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 13 of Washington’s last 20 games.
- 1-6 SU in their last 7 games.
- 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Philadelphia.
- 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Philadelphia.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia.
- 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference.
- 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 8 of Philadelphia’s last 12 games.
- 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games when playing at home against Washington.
- 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference.
- 11-3 SU in their last 14 games against an opponent in the NFC East division.
Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles Betting Picks
So which side should legal betting fans take in this Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles matchup? All things considered, taking the Eagles is probably the better pick here. They’re coming off a more successful season and should be able to pick this win up at home. Sign up today to make your online betting prediction!
Score Prediction:28-21 Philadelphia.