Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls College Football Betting Picks
The year’s college football betting action is rapidly approaching and the Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls matchup is one worth looking forward to. The Badgers are coming off a successful season and are hoping to build off that success in 2019. The South Bulls on the other hand, are coming off a winning season but need to deliver a stronger record this time around. So what kind of matchup are the college football odds predicting here?
Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls – Friday, August 30th
When: 7:00 pm ET
Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Stream: Watch ESPN
— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) July 29, 2019
The Badgers are coming off an 8-5 season that saw them post a 5-4 record in Big Ten play. This led to a 2nd place ranking in the West Division of the Big Ten conference. All in all this was a significant step down from the brilliant 13-1 record the program delivered the previous season. Nevertheless, Paul Chryst will return in 2019 marking his 5th season with the program. Although he is without his starting quarterback, the Badgers do have Jonathan Taylor returning as well as their leading receiver. This should be more than enough for Wisconsin to pick up where they left off.
Players to Watch: Jack Coan (515 passing yards, 5 TD, 3 INT), Jonathan Taylor (2,194 rushing yards, 16 TD, 7.1 AVG), and AJ Taylor (521 receiving yards, 3 TD, 32 REC).
South Florida Bulls
The Bulls are coming off a 7-6 season that included a 3-5 run in the American conference play. This was without a doubt a massive let down considering that the Bulls turned in a brilliant 10-2 record the previous season. For some reason, head coach Charlie’s Strong debut was much stronger than his second season. Moving forward, it’s up to Strong to prove that his first go at being South Florida’s head coach wasn’t a fluke. All in all, South Florida has enough returning pieces to be a competent team in 2019. We’ll have to see how they handle Wisconsin in their season debut however.
Players to Watch: Blake Barnett (2,705 passing yards, 12 TD, 11 INT), Jordan Cronkrite (1,121 rushing yards, 9 TD, 6.1 AVG), and Randall St. Felix (679 receiving yards, 4 TD, 33 REC).
Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Numbers
- 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 5 of Wisconsin’s last 6 games.
- 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- 16-4 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in August.
- 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games played in week 1
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 4 of Wisconsin’s last 5 games played on a Friday.
- 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing as the favorite.
South Florida Bulls
- 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games
- 0-6 SU in their last 6 games.
- 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home.
- 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference.
- 4-2 SU in their last 6 games played in August.
- 6-0 SU in their last 6 games played in week 1.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 5 of South Florida’s last 7 games played on a Friday.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 9 of South Florida’s last 11 games when playing as the underdog.
Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Picks
So which side should legal betting fans take in this Wisconsin Badgers vs. South Florida Bulls matchup? All things considered, Wisconsin is probably the better pick here. Sign up today to make your online betting prediction!
Moneyline: The Badgers are massive favorites straight up. There’s better value to be found on the other lines but you can also opt to make a teaser off this match.
ATS: You can find better vig in backing Wisconsin against the spread.
Score Prediction: 38-21 Wisconsin.