Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers MLB Baseball Betting Picks
The year’s MLB baseball betting action makes its return this Thursday with the Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers contest. The Astros look to come back and reassert their AL West dominance over a divisional rival. The Rangers on the other hand, are hoping the All-Star break will have them back to top shape. So what kind of sports betting turnout can fans expect this Thursday night?
Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers – Thursday, July 11th
When: 7:00 pm ET
Where: Globe Life Park in Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Stream: Watch ESPN
— Houston Astros (@astros) July 10, 2019
Online NBA Betting Odds:
The Astros fly into this Thursday’s matchup sporting a 57-33 record that ranks them No. 1 in the AL West. At the present time, the Oakland Athletics are Houston’s nearest threat. However, since Oakland is 7 ½ games behind Houston, it’s safe to say the Astros aren’t sweating much at the moment. Coming off an All-Star break, we can fully expect Houston to deliver a lopsided win over Texas on the road.
LHP Framber Valdez is the man tasked with leading the charge this Thursday night. Valdez steps into this contest sporting a 3-4 record as well as a 4.57 ERA and a 1.37 WHIP. All in all, Valdez’ numbers on the year aren’t that impressive and his recent numbers are far from as well. In his last 17.2 innings pitched, Valdez has posted a 5.09 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP. With him on the mound, Texas might just have a shot at an upset.
Players to Watch: Michael Brantley (12 HR, 46 RBI, .324 AVG), Yuli Gurriel (14 HR, 50 RBI, .277 BA), and Alex Bregman (23 HR, 56 RBI, .265 BA).
The Rangers ride into this Thursday’s match sporting a 48-42 record that ranks them 3rd overall in the AL West. All things considered, there’s still plenty of time left for Texas to bolster their playoff standing. Naturally a win over Houston this Thursday would be huge for Texas. By the looks of it, the MLB baseball betting odds aren’t ruling out a Rangers win.
To try and take out their divisional leader, Texas will be turning to RHP Lance Lynn. So far this season, Lynn has amassed an 11-4 record as well as a 3.91 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. In his last 7 innings pitched, Lynn has posted a 2.57 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP. Considering who his counterpart is this Thursday night, it’s clear Texas can pull this one off.
Players to Watch: Elvis Andrus (8 HR, 45 RBI, .303 BA), Shin-Soo Choo (13 HR, 36 RBI, .288 BA), and Nomar Mazara (12 HR, 49 RBI, .261 BA).
Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers Betting Numbers
- 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Texas.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games on the road.
- 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Texas.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games played on a Thursday.
- 22-21 ATS when playing on the road this season
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 5 of Texas’ last 7 games.
- 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Houston.
- 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 6 of Texas’ last 9 games against an opponent in the American League West division.
- 26-20 ATS when playing at home this season
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa C
- Shin-Soo Choo LF
Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers Betting Picks
So which side should legal betting fans take in this Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers matchup? All things considered, taking the Rangers looks like the best pick here. Sign up today to make your online betting prediction!
Score Prediction: 7-5 Texas.