BetNow Online Sportsbook
2017 Breeders’ Cup Betting Questions

Online Horse Betting Questions Ahead of 2017 Breeders’ Cup

Posted by: Mike Davis

We are but one day away from the release of the 2017’s Breeders’ Cup pre-entries this upcoming Wednesday, online horse betting players are looking for anything to keep the racebook conversation alive and well. The Breeders’ cup is synonymous with online betting and it’s one of the year’s best opportunities to bet on horses. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look at 5 burning questions bettors may have ahead of this year’s Breeders’ Cup.

No. 1 – What can we expect to see out of Arrogate in this year’s Breeders’ Cup?

Arrogate made an online horse betting name for himself when he won the 2016 Travers Stake in his first stakes appearance. But not only did Arrogate win the darn thing, he blew everyone’s mind by beating the track record.  Naturally, Arrogate became a fan favorite from that moment on, but the question remains; will we see a track record-beating Arrogate, or something that fails to live up to those expectations?

Perhaps a better approach would be not predicting which Arrogate will show up but rather what are the odds for the spectrum of Arrogates could show up. If we see the Arrogate from the aforementioned Travers stake, then he’s facing 10-1 odds of winning this year’s race. If instead, we get the Arrogate we saw at the Pacific Classic, the fair odds are more like 4-1. If it’s anything other than those two, most online horse betting pundits feel like that Arrogate would stand zero chance to win.

Now racebook players need to figure out the probabilities of each of those Arrogates showing up. Horse betting experts share a consensus that it’s more likely to see the Pacific Classic Arrogate than others, let’s say roughly 65%. Furthermore, most pundits agree that there is a 20% chance of seeing the Arrogate that we saw from August 2016-March 2017. That leaves a remainder 15% chance that would see Arrogate lose. Roughly speaking, Arrogate has a 33% chance of winning this race.

No. 2 – Should Fans Jump on Unique Bella’s Hype Train?

Unique Bella demands a tremendous amount of respect. Both from what she brings to the table with her genetics but also the fact that Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer is the one calling the shots. As a rule of thumb, Unique Bella is likely to win any event that she competes in, and that includes the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint. There might be better  value on some other bets however.

No. 3 – Is Bolt d’Oro an Absolute Favorite in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile?

Bolt d’Oro is an extremely talented steed but he’s also the horse most upset bettors are looking to go after in this year’s event. Bolt d’Oro is extremely talented, and if he were to return to his Del Mar Futurity or Frontrunner form he would in fact be very tough to beat. But it’s hard for a two-year old to deliver these types of results consecutively.

No. 4 – Will a 3-Year Old win the Distaff?

Yes, and it’s likely to be Stellar Wind and Forever Unbridled. If you had to choose between the two, you should stick with Forever Unbridled.

No. 5 – Can Drefong Repeat?

Perhaps. Right now he’s the favorite but he certainly has a tough road ahead of him.

<< Go Back